Keith is a data loving nerd with a background in genetics who was seduced by business applications of statistical models and A/B testing. He has over 10 years of experience as a molecular geneticist with a focus on computational biology and statistical methods. He is currently transitioning into data science consulting.
- Extensive experience in generating original research ideas, following through with vigorous literature research, experimental design and execution
- Expert geneticist with extensive experience in Next-Generation Sequencing and gene expression analysis
- Wet-lab experience includes large-scale forward genetic mutant screens and pharmacogenetic interactions using small molecule drug discovery methods
- Data Analytic Methods: Linear and logistic regression, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, A/B testing and hypothesis testing, and textual analysis
- Data Software: Proficient in R, Excel, and Perl for data analysis and model testing; proficient in creating data visualizations using Excel, ggplot, and Tableau; experience with Microsoft SQL Server for database and data warehousing
- Writing: Proficient in technical writing with track record of peer-reviewed publications, grant writing, and editing
- Presenting: Charismatic and confident public speaker with experience presenting to technical and lay audiences using Tableau and PowerPoint
- Other Software: Proficient in Word, Camtasia (screen recording), Photoshop, and Illustrator; general programming fluency in Perl, C, Java, and Python
He loves to rock climb whenever he gets the chance.
- MS Data Science, Elmhurst University, 2017
- PhD Molecular Genetics and Genomics, Washington University in St. Louis, 2009
- BA Biology, University of St. Thomas, 2001